GIFCC Terms and Conditions of Membership
Great Irish Famine Commemoration Committee Inc operates under the Associations Incorporation Act 2009 and operates within the GIFCC Constitution and is regulated by the NSW Dept of Fair Trading.
- “MEMBERSHIP” or “MEMBER” means an individual who has paid the GIFCC’s annual membership fee
- Annual membership commences on the date of purchase or issuance and is valid until June 30th annually.
- Memberships are non-refundable and cannot be paid on a pro rata basis, ie., for part of a year.
- “MEMBER” – an individual who pays the annual membership fee
- “SUPPORTER” – an individual who makes a financial contribution to either GIFCC Inc, the Mamre Fund or the GIF Refugee Scholarship Fund
- “MEMBER/SUPPORTER” – an individual who pays the annual membership fee and also makes a financial contribution as for No 2 category.
- Application should be made on-line at www.irishfaminememorial .org
- Alternatively, the application form can be down-loaded or requested by contacting email@example.com
- Fees are payable on application either on-line (bank transfer, Visa or Mastercard), by direct transfer or cheque payable to GIFCC Inc and posted to P.O. Box 209, Roseville 2069
- GIFCC will acknowledge receipt of fees by advising the applicant.
- The membership fee is determined by elected members of the GIFCC
- The membership fee is payable on admission to membership whenever that occurs and subsequently becomes due annually on July 1st.
REGISTER OF MEMBERS
- GIFCC will maintain a database of Members and Supporters.
- The database will be used solely for the purposes of sending a newsletter, a notice of meeting or event or other information pertaining to the GIFCC or to comply with a requirement of the Act or Regulation under which GIFCC operates.
- The database will be maintained in the form of an Excel spreadsheet and will be convertible to hard copy.
- GIFCC will maintain the privacy of the contents of the database; it will not be shared with any outside group or individual.
CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP
An individual ceases to be a member if that individual:-
- fails to pay the annual membership fee within 3 months of the due date;
- resigns his/her membership;
- is expelled from the association;
RESIGNATION OF MEMBERSHIP
A member may resign from membership of the association by giving the Secretary written notice of at least 1 month of the member’s intention to resign; on the expiration of the period of notice, the member ceases to be a member where upon the Secretary must record in the database the date on which the membership ceased.
The liability of a member of the association to contribute towards the payment of debts and liabilities of the association or costs, charges and expenses in the event the association is wound up is limited to the amount, if any, unpaid by the member in respect of membership of the association.